The Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB) was founded in 1920 as School of Commercial Studies. In 1926 it was renamed as School of Economics and Business (SEB) and in 1989 as the Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB).
Since the early days of its establishment, AUEB has been at the forefront of Greek academia, highly regarded among European universities, and a pioneer in the organization of post-graduate studies. Among the very early key objectives of the Institution has been to train and improve the management quality of the public and private sectors, as well as to offer comprehensive training of scientists at a high level of postgraduate education. In particular, in 1928 two schools of Further Education for Public Servants were established in AUEB (one for managerial and one for administrative staff) and in 1963 the Institute for Education in Business Administration was founded.
Nowadays, AUEB has thirty-six (36) graduate programs, in which the annual intake is more than a thousand (1,000) graduate students.